Thursday, November 28, 2013

Anahata Katkin

Amazing Artist Anahata Katkin

I first discovered Anahata Katkin and her art in the summer of 2010. I was in my last year in college in Norfolk, Virginia and was majoring in geography. I really wanted to major in art but people's opinions finally got to me and so I majored in something academic. Although, I must say that majoring in geography has not been particularly helpful in finding a job. I, however love geography and have no regrets. I know lots of cool facts now! Anyway, back to the story. So I was starving for art and dreamed of being an artist and taking art classes but something was always in my way.  There was always what seemed like an invisible brick wall in my path. Oh and it doesn't help that my husband was not very supportive of my art. He believes art is a huge waste of time. His negative energy in regards to art didn't help (But that hasn't stopped me, I am very much involved in making art presently!!).

 In the year 2010 I discovered a magazine called Artful Blogging in the college bookstore. I flipped through the pages and fell in love with all the color and amazing photos. I looked forward to the new addition of the magazine every 3 months. The summer of 2010 right before my class started, I opened an artful blogging magazine and found a cozy seat at the college coffee shop with a nice hot coffee beverage and began to read my favorite magazine. It is then that I discovered Anahata katkin. I read through the feature several times looking at her amazing artwork. Her art spoke to me on a deep level and I felt such positive and happy emotions. It was at this time that I really discovered mixed media art and it is because of Anahata that I was inspired to try mixed media. I am so grateful to have discovered her lovely work.

Some images of her amazing work

The painting above can be found on Anahata's website:   http://www.anahataart.com

Image of Anahata in her amazing space with an absolutely beautiful painting behind her. I mean this painting is so amazing that my breath is actually being taken away by its beauty. I love it!!
I have the above painting as a print in my living room. Simply beautiful.

Artwork with a positive message.


you can find Anahata Katkin and her beautiful art at her website, blog and PAPAYA shop     



5 comments :

  1. Wow Rosalina! Anahata's work is really beautiful! I love that feeling you get when art takes your breath away... very special. Thanks so much for sharing with us! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rosalina, I love Anahata's work too! Isn't the painting behind Anahata just to die for? : ) sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her art is stunning!!! Thank you for introducing me to her, someone I'll definitely be keeping an eye on :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this work! So inspiring!I love your Etsy site too!

    ReplyDelete