Monday, November 18, 2013

Interview with Melissa of Mel O. Art

I first discovered Melissa's art on etsy. I was immediately blown away by her beautiful creations and wonderful use of color. As I sat and observed her art from my computer screen, I experienced a deep sense of emotional response from her art and got lost in the detail, patterns, and colors. Melissa is an absolutely amazing artist.
Since I loved her art so much, I decided to ask Melissa to do an interview and she kindly agreed!!




1. When did you know that you wanted to be an artist?


A:  I had taken joy in color ever since I can remember, but officially knew I couldn't stop in my first High School art class. Although according to childhood friends, they claim they always knew. :) 


2. how did you start selling your art?


A: At 16 years old someone called the school in search for a student to paint a mural on her daughters ceiling. My art teacher committed me before I even had time to think about it and the next I remember we were calling to rent the scaffolding! 


3.Your paintings are absolutely beautiful. The colors are so vibrant. Did you always paint this way and in this style? 


A:  I definitely got bolder as time went on. I started to focus on what inspired me most and that is color, my approach to art in the beginning was mostly outcome focused but as time went on I became more driven by the process and  "in the moment" which led to more free spirited and colorful works.


4.What is you goal for your art in the future?


A: To create art that is available to the public, to help people through art and would be so enthralled to exhibit my work internationally. 


5. Do you have any advice for others trying to sell artwork?


 A:  Follow your passion and not the trends. 


6. What is one thing that you know now that you wish you knew earlier in life?


A:  That time doesn't get more generous but less so that excuse of I "don't have time"  or "I wish I had..." should be replaced with "I will make time"  and "I will use what I have." 


7. And this is a non art question, what's your zodiac sign( I ask everyone!!)? 


A:  Libra, always seeking balance. 

Here is some of her gorgeous art







You can find her work at : http://www.melogallery.com
    etsy
             Facebook









3 comments :

  1. Ooh... Melissa's work is great Rosalina! Thanks so much for sharing your interview and one of the inspirations for your own work. I hope we get to read more of your interviews! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colors!!! And great interview too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview. I really resonate with what she says after the 6th question, as I'm totally guilty of doing the same.I really love her bold use of color and shapes, it's quite therapeutic.

    ReplyDelete